Francophile humor...

You might be a Francophile if....

"you slip out of speaking English-- into French,

without even realizing that you did this,

but... the only clue is that the person you are

talking to looks at you-- as if you are insane!!!"



Oui, il est vrai,parce que c'est mon histoire!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Dish du Jour - The Creative Art of Naming One's Paramour

For years, women have talked in code, amongst friends about their romances. It has been our way of sharing life experiences with other women, without exposing the truths of our dalliances to others. Perhaps it was Sex and the City's Carrie Bradshaw that illuminated this art-form best with the naming of "Mr. Big..." For me, it is something that entertains me when reflecting upon relationships of yesterday.

Usually, the names come to me very quickly. They are either derived from a man's behavior,his personality, appearance, occupation, sexual prowess and "tool size"-- or lack there of , or it can be as simple, beautiful and intimate as a shared experience.

A few examples:
  "The Sketchpad"- a tall, handsome, sexy, highly tatooed, great lovin, younger man that immediately elevated me to Queen of the Cougars!
"Sparky" - because he had great recovery time and was always so eager to play.
"Spartacus" - because he was very muscular, assertive and oooh so naughty in the bedroom!
"The Gardener"-  because he was a landscaper/gardener with a track record of impregnating women out of wedlock. 
"Benson"-  because we would meet at a tres chic and swanky hotel bearing the same name!
"Chalupa Charlie" - because, just like the drive-thru's at his restaurants, he's in and out within 5 minutes! ooooh!

Regardless of how I decided upon my paramour's nicknames, it has become favorite fodder for me and my girls during our "Happy Hour-Therapy Sessions".

Does anyone else enjoy doing this or is this something unique to me?

4 comments:

  1. I learned the name game from you!! And alas one of my favorite names grew (or rather didn't 'grow') from one of my greatest disappointments... Nubbin... I will say no more
    :) *S

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh now "Nubbin" is NOT a good nickname to be given..hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, favorite cousin... You do not realize how many people have told me they LOVE your comments! I was bragging about it to a friend earlier this evening and started to laugh out loud just thinking about it. This is a masterpiece that has earned you the right to be my first Guest Writer.
    Your formal invitation will be arriving soon so start thinking about what story you want to share. I can hardly wait to see what you create! xx's...
    YOUR favorite cousin,moi

    ReplyDelete