Francophile humor...

You might be a Francophile if....

"you slip out of speaking English-- into French,

without even realizing that you did this,

but... the only clue is that the person you are

talking to looks at you-- as if you are insane!!!"



Oui, il est vrai,parce que c'est mon histoire!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ooh la la's Guest Writer Column



Do you enjoy writing? 
Do you have a story to share that will entertain, educate or enlighten other women?
This is your chance to share your wit and experiences.

You are cordially invited to submit ideas or journal entries
 with the readers of Ooh la la!

As they say in France, (Comme ils disent en France...)

"Pour Parler!"

Let's have some fun with this!

Please email ideas and entries to: piedsagiles2010@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Who would have thought?

    After years of struggling to become stable, I finally reached a point of satisfaction and normalcy in 1999. But in 2002 I felt it slip away. I cried continually.

    September 28th 2002 my husband of only 3 years died
    7 days later I laid him to rest.
    The next day, October 6th, was my 38th birthday.

    What a whirlwind my life was in. One day I had all the dreams and beliefs that they could come true, just pulled out from under me. I felt as if I was sitting at a dinner table with all the finest china in the world, and a magician comes to the table and pulls the tablecloth right out from under all the beautiful china and the china stays perfectly….there I sit at this finely decorated table, but no pretty tablecloth.


    Then….3 months later I get a call from my oldest daughter, 18 at the time, saying she is pregnant. Great…just great, kick me when I’m down. I’m thinking, not only are my dreams for myself blown to bits, but now my dreams that I had for my daughter are blown to bits. 9 months later….October 6th 2001 Jaidrah Mae is born… on my 39th birthday! A granddaughter.


    It’s 8:00 am Friday October 6th 2006 and I received a phone call ….this time a cute little girl voice spoke up and said “Happy birthday to YOU grandma. I’m going to school now and it’s my birthday too. I got a new bike from mommy and it’s pink. I LOVE YOU GRANDMA HAPPY BIRTHDAY”. I cried.

    Who would have thought my tablecloth would be placed back on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you "Grandma" for sharing this sweet and poignant story. Wow...

    It reminds me of this quote I read recently in Good Housekeeping magazine...

    "When life looks like it's falling apart,
    It may just be falling into place..."

    ReplyDelete